REVIEW: Hotel Valley Ho in Scottsdale
This hotel feels like it should be set in the 60’s. Everything from the architecture to the hip decor makes this hotel a choice that’s not normal. When you walk in you notice the flamboyant colors, the biomorphic shapes and shag carpet and wax vinyl surfaces.
You choose the Valley Ho because you want something different, but at the end of the day you still want a bit of luxury and coddling.
The lobby is the focal point of this place, part of it is indoors and part of it is outdoors. The location is fantastic, just a few minutes by foot to the local art galleries and restaurants in the Scottsdale area. This is always my go to whenever I come to Scottsdale. The restaurant has great all american cuisine and I recommend it for the Sunday brunch.
There are certainly other nicer hotels in the area, the W Scottsdale or further options if you’re there for the golfing, but there really is nothing else like the Hotel Valley Ho. And heck, at the least it’s fun to say.
- Fun lobby and vibe – its super hip
- The showers are wide and open and the bathrooms and floorpans feel modern and different from anything else you’d see in the luxury category
- There’s really not much else quite like it in the area, especially walking distance to Scottsdale downtown shops and restaurants
- It’s not a traditional luxury hotel
- The service is not quite that of a 4-5 star hotel, but somehow it just works with the laidback vibe
- The cuisine is all americana but if you want something different there’s not a lot of options
- Check out the cool second story gym with its private yoga room which opens up to the pool
- The breakfast burrito on the menu is definitely what you want, I promise
OTHER THINGS TO DO:
- If you love good pizza (and who doesnt?), definitely visit Sauce Pizza & Wine. It’s one of my favorite pizza restaurants in the nation (and that includes comparison to places like Lou Malnati’s in Chicago or top NY pizza joints). Yes it’s that good, and they have a great selection of beers and wines!