REVIEW: Rancho Valencia Resort
This is by far one of my favorite resorts in California. It’s a large property, the type that requires you to get around by golf cart (don’t worry – they supply them). It’s got beautiful rooms – each one is considered a mini casa or “Casita” as they call them.
The hotel has impeccable service, they know you by name and deliver some really cool fine touches, such as some really expensive bath products, a jacuzzi and fireplace in each individual outdoor patio, not just any espresso machine but world-class espresso machines, and my favorite part – the fresh orange juice service that is left at your room every morning (from the on-site orange grove). The property is exquisite and has some really great things going for it including an impeccably decorated restaurant and bar.
This is a resort you go to when you want to get away and relax for a few days – it’s not very close to much other than the Del Mar Racetrack, but the property itself has enough to keep one relatively busy – and by busy I mean relaxed.
- Rooms don’t get much better than this. Fireplaces, private jacuzzis, beautifully appointed top of the line materials in the bathrooms. All with a modern-meets-rustic theme
- The food on this property is great, you won’t want to leave
- The feeling of privacy makes this the perfect retreat
- It books up quite far ahead of time, so make sure to put in your reservations early
- You can actually go and pick oranges in the grove
OTHER STUFF IN THE AREA:
- Check out the Del Mar racetrack schedule to see if you can go to the races at the same time you’re staying here. There’s also a local fair that happens a few times a year next door.