REVIEW: The Ritz-Carlton Laguna Niguel
This one’s a keeper – as they say. The Ritz-Carlton Laguna Niguel is a mixture of old-world elegance and contemporary flair. The hotel is large but the intimate spaces hidden within it make it feel homey and comforting rather than barren and excessive.
The minute you walk in you’re wowed by the depth of the hallway. It has a very similar feel to the Monarch Beach Resort in this respect, but with slightly lower ceilings which makes this hotel the perfect accessory for a romantic getaway.
The service here is impeccable, at the top of its class for Ritz-Carlton’s, and the lobby bar here is a cool place to hang out. I had a chance to check out two of the restaurants here, EnoSteak and Raya and highly recommend both of them. Raya’s floor to ceiling glass portals overlook the Pacific Coast and it’s a dazzling place to have breakfast at a leisurely pace. Enosteak is the quintessential martini and ribeye spot which serves its purpose in this type of resort.
The rooms themselves are on the smaller side, and are not as new as the The Monarch Beach Resort in Dana Point but they are definitely still clean and luxurious. This is yet another hotel built with weddings in mind and as such there are breathtaking vistas throughout.
I recommend checking out The Monarch Beach Resort in Dana Point and doing a spot compare between the two when booking to see which one is priced better during your stay as they both are comparable hotels, with the Ritz possibly edging on service, but slightly older in room quality.
- Feels intimate yet maintains that large resort feel
- The pool area is well thought out to include private secludes so that not everyone is staring at each other when you’re laying out
- The service is impeccable and the dining establishments at this hotel are above average
- It could use some room refreshes
- Check out the view at 180 Blu while enjoying a drink. It’s easy to miss this part of the hotel
OTHER THINGS TO DO:
- Officially the second smallest church in the world, St Francis By the Sea is a pretty cool place to visit. Plus it’s on the Guinness Book of World Records!
- This one’s been written about but if you want to get around and you don’t want to hire an uber. Check out the Laguna Beach Trolley. It’s fun to use it as a method of hopping around town and checking out the sights.