REVIEW: The Ritz-Carlton Dove Mountain
The Dove Mountain Ritz-Carlton is a pretty awesome place to visit. The resort is a large property set in the side of Dove Mountain with lots of cool nooks and crannies to explore. The feel is that of a modern hunting lodge, with high ceilings, large rooms with expansive views, and a rustic quality and vibe.
The Ritz here spent a lot of time and energy developing local activities such as sunset hikes, a traditional Native-American ceremony on certain days, and even outdoor games and a tangerine orchard.
My personal favorite area of the hotel, though, is the pool. There’s multiple decks, amazing views of the landscape around the hotel, and even a waterslide – if you feel so inclined.
Everything about this Ritz is a bit more special, and it reminds me a lot of a Ritz-Carlton Reserve. The service is a slight notch above the other properties, and the build quality of the hotel itself is higher. If you love the desert, I highly recommend visiting this property for a nice weekend getaway!
- It’s one of the nicer Ritz-Carltons in the chain – similar in feel to a Reserve
- It has lots to offer on the grounds and a wilderness center where you can book hikes and enjoy some really awesome desert activities
- It’s quite a far drive from anything in the Tucson area
- Check the events calendar or call before you book. There’s usually lots planned and it’s a smart move to book your stay around special events to take advantage of them
- The sushi is also really good here, trust me on this
OTHER THINGS TO DO:
- Biosphere 2 is a really cool biosphere habitat that is basically one of two in the world (as the name suggests). If you’re in the area you should definitely check it out!