REVIEW: W Bogota – It’s real Colombian here!
This has got to be one of the cooler W hotels in terms of design and style. Its a small one but its great location and great room rates make it a great home base if you find yourself in the city of Bogota.
What you immediately notice when you enter this property is the moodiness of the place. This is not unlike most W hotels which have slightly darker surroundings and evoke a sense of sensualness and mystery.
If you book early enough, check out the suites – they go for great prices, and they’re totally worth the price. For less than $200 I was able to get a suite with its own game room and pool table, and this was during peak holiday season!
The service was above average for a W hotel, they were extremely accommodating when we needed to check in early and even though the room wasn’t ready they gave us complimentary spa access in order for us to freshen ourselves from our journey.
The rooms themselves were in great condition as of this writing, and had a whimsical and charming quality to them. Especially awesome were the bathrooms, with LED lighting in the showers and gold fixtures that couldn’t help but remind me of something that would be in the infamous Pablo Escobar Mansion.
- Its got a bathroom that stands out and makes you wanna smile
- The service is on par with some higher tier hotels
- The rates are phenomenal for the quality of hotel you are getting into
- It’s a smaller property so it doesn’t have a grand feeling to it
- They really appreciate SPG loyalty here so remember to use your SPG card if you have one. Also, they have a disproportionate amount of suites so it’s relatively easy to upgrade at the front desk, I highly recommend trying that out if you didn’t book a suite ahead of time
THINGS TO DO IN THE AREA:
- You really should check out Tabula when you’re here. Anthony Bourdain recommends this restaurant and so do I.