The Roosevelt – I have been to this hotel many times, because it’s the center of Hollywood when it comes to hotels. Drop by this place any random weekend and there’s an event happening, the pool is packed with fun-loving people, and the bars are flowing.
Located on Hollywood Blvd where the stars line the sidewalk and where movie premiers happen (across the street), you could not choose a better location if what you wanted to experience is what Hollywood has to offer.
This hotel is especially unique because of its storied history. It, and the Chateau Marmont, are two of the most fabled establishments in Hollywoodland. That saying “if the walls could talk” would result in quite a dialogue at this property.
The service is decent, but not quite 5-star, but that’s not why you visit the Roosevelt. You visit the Roosevelt because you want to be part of the “scene” and you want the hip, cool, always in fashion experience of being there.
One of the best things about this hotel is that if you’re staying there, there’s always something to do. There’s a bowling alley within a bar upstairs, there’s a very cool lounge in the lobby where celebrities do their thing, there’s always a pool party happening at Tropicana Bar, and if that’s still not enough for you, just step out the front doors and watch yourself end up on Hollywood Blvd.
Did I mention that In-n-Out Burgers, the fabled California burger franchise, is also less than two blocks away?
If you are looking for a great time, have some youth in you, and want to experience Los Angeles via the Hollywood route – there really is no better place than the Roosevelt.
- Location doesnt get better than this for Hollywood
- There’s lots to do within the hotel
- It’s got a lot of history, and a very cool vibe about it
- If you’re looking for ultimate luxury, look elsewhere
- The rooms see a lot of use, so it can sometimes be hit or miss as to whether your room will be remodeled or touched-up
- The best rooms are the ones near the pool at the pool level. Also if you book through Magellan they will give you a discount every time and usually a free room upgrade. Highly recommend going through them!
OTHER THINGS TO DO IN THE AREA:
- Definitely check out In-n-Out burger if you’ve never been. This is quintessential for a California (or LA) visit
- I highly recommend visiting Sugarfish Sushi. There’s lots of great sushi in Los Angeles, but you CANNOT beat the price to quality ratio here. I’ve been to $500/head places like Urasawa which are great but Sugarfish gives them a run for their money